Hiiii My name is Gill (that's Jill, only spelled with a "G"). Well Gillian really, but s’all the same! I used to live in New Orleans, but now I live in The-Middle-of-Nowhere, NJ. I graduated in May with my Bachelors in Environmental Science, and I am currently serving as an AmeriCorps volunteer focused on improving watershed health. I'm looking forward to a new adventure once my program ends in July!
Ask me ANYTHING. Really.
Unlike some people, I don’t aim to PR here, I just aim to not pass out.
Almost did pass out today, but my phlebotomist was super quick to act! By the time I realized that my eyes didn’t work, she had me set up with 2 ice packs, she lowered me into a lying down position, and she had me talking to her and taking deep breaths. It was great! She was super sweet.
Worth it. ONE pint can save up to THREE lives!
Also, you get free cookies, XL t-shirts, and bandages that match your outfit!
- jrfred likes this
- fitterisbetter likes this
- runkathrynrun said: i’m so jealous that you get to give blood!
- runheatherrun likes this
- sayhellotocindy likes this
- chrystimoreorless said: Thank you!!! My life was one of the lives that has been saved by donated blood :-)
- chrystimoreorless likes this
- becky-balances likes this
- runningwithpoodle likes this
- jumboloving likes this
- michaelontherun likes this
- tallmormon said: Look at all you blood donating heros!!! Way to go!
- tallmormon likes this
- 3quartersalice likes this
- x-opher likes this
- rookcanrun said: Bonus: a pint of blood weighs a little over a lb, so for a little while you weigh less :)
- ironmanredux likes this
- thetikistyle likes this
- uhoh-janellio likes this
- yogamamaruns said: I really wish I could donate blood
- runsforredvelvet likes this
- yogamamaruns likes this
- justbrooksy likes this
- chrisrunsoldschool likes this
- trish-runs-the-world-away said: I forgot that’s what I wanted to do today! I had some beer with lunch, so it would be a poor decision now…
- easybeinggreene said: The two times I tried to give I blacked out. The second time I puked. Props to you for being able to handle it.
- easybeinggreene likes this
- betternikki likes this
- thisfearlesslife said: I’m giving blood too today!
- thisfearlesslife likes this
- ohh-shenanigans likes this
- lifechangeneededaisle3 likes this
- with0utlimits likes this
- 6n6challenge likes this
- gillsquirt posted this